Monday, January 10, 2011

Apartment Updates

Well not intentionally I took a nice little sabbatical from posting. I thought I was going to have all this free time in Idaho to post and get myself caught up on what has been going on. Wrong wrong wrong. I was so in need of just being with my family and soaking up every moment with them and the poodle. I did have a wonderful trip back and the adjustment of coming back to DC has been rather hard this time around. I cried pretty much the whole time I was on the plane (unless I was sleeping). Yes, I was that girl that no one wants to sit next to on the plane. It was rather embarrassing. Guess it shows I had the most amazing Christmas and love my family a whole whole whole lot.

I'll try to get my pictures organized so I can show of the nephew and the holidays. But for now I will talk about some exciting apartment news.

1) After much trial and tribulation (ugh cable companies) I was able have my cable and internet installed. (I also scored a pretty sweet offer for a year contract thanks to a friend who emailed me while I was home). Needless to say....TiVo has changed my life and I am watching entirely too much TV these days after work. BUT I did do quite a bit of work from my apartment this weekend which was fabulous.

I love having full control over the TV set and getting to turn it on and off whenever I feel like it. One of the simple pleasures of finally living alone. Hopefully having internet will now motivate me to blog more and get caught up on here.

2) I bought a couch! I finally did it. Made a commitment, put it in the car (thanks IKEA for your brilliant compact designs), got it home, assembled and VIOLA! was sitting on my new couch in a matter of hours. Here is what I finally brought home:

I did swap out the wood feet for some more sleek metal ones. But she looks good. Need to locate some bright throw pillows and a piece of artwork (cough *nicole* cough) to hang on the purple wall.

I also finally purchase a dish rack from Storables (drool) as well as some shelves that are going to go up in the kitchen. Speaking of the kitchen....

Finally....a picture of the wall painted grey!


I am a huge fan. So I hope you all like it too!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!