Saturday, January 11, 2014

Your Starbucks Identity

There was a time where meeting a guy in Starbucks was my forte, my jam, my place where I apparently exuded confidence and radiance to lure boys to come talk to me.

One boy was quite successful and he woo'ed me as I studied for a Chemistry mid-term. We dated for about 9 months early on college, and while he certainly didn't end up being my "one", the story of meeting him in a Starbucks in Seattle, will remain a fun one to tell.

Not as cute as the boyfriend I met at Starbucks, was the creepster I had interrupt a girl date to share some wildly inappropriate words and his phone number. That was Howie. I still cry I laugh so hard when I tell that story.

I digress. I still spend a lot of time in coffee shops. I love them. I love finding a good one. I love working and reading in them. I love the people watching and the idea that you can be alone, but you are surrounding people other people, all wanting to be pseudo alone.

A friend had her Starbucks cup with an entirely different name written on it. When I asked her if she had grabbed stolen someone's drink she laughed and told me the reason behind the unmatched name. She said that it is a chance to be anyone. You can have another name. Another identity. As long as you play the part.

She has a Starbucks Identidy.

And she orders her coffee with a different name she has always liked.

I tried it out a few weeks ago. I wasn't too bold, considering I was afraid I would forget the name I gave the barista, so I went for Annie.

I kind of liked it. Maybe, Annie is the girl who attracts all those guys.
What do you think? Do you have a Starbucks Identity?

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!