Thursday, August 22, 2013

Staying Focused and Pushing Myself

I mentioned awhile back that I have been trying Weight Watchers again and has some moderate success for a few weeks before Vegas. I knew Vegas was going to derail my eating plans, but I had no idea it was going to be so hard to get back into a really strict devotion to tracking my food again! While I haven't exactly done well in shedding any pounds recently, I will say that the habits that WW ingrains in you, have stuck with me. I tend to eat a lot healthier now. Much smaller portions. Less sugar and focus most of my food during the day to be fruits or veggies. I am proud of myself for these changes, as it is never easy to break a habit, especially when it is "easy" and "convenient" to continue your old habits. While it is a bit more involved to make sure we have fruits and veggies (and to cut them up before work!) on hand, it has become more second nature, and when I do have to rely on eating out, or throwing in a frozen pizza, I am making much  better choices. 

In addition to eating better, I have also tried to turn my attention to getting to the gym. The last few weeks have gone really well, making gym time a priority, and not dreading it to the point where I make up every excuse under the sun. My goal is to get back up to running like I was about 2 years ago now, and slowly, I am making progress towards that goal. 

What makes this all so much easier, is that my friends are there with me. Some are trying to get back in shape, some are trying to lose the post-college weight, and some are just amazingly supportive by telling me how great I look these days! 

While I've had a few off weeks now, I am hoping that telling you all about the progress I have had so far will motivate me to keep going, and to really get back on the healthy eating bandwagon and cutting out all of those 'treats' I have been sneaking in. I've seen, and felt the progress, so I know this is worth it, and makes me feel 100% more comfortable in my skin!

I've also been thinking about little (non-food) rewards to motivate me to keep working towards my goals. I have shoes, clothes, accessories that I have been eyeing, and am trying to use those to keep pushing me. My next milestone gift is up for debate, but I am fairly certain I am going to treat myself to a brand new handbag when I finally reach my overall goal. 

What are you working towards right now? How do you stay motivated? Do you reward yourself for the little milestones?

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!