Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day....All by myself

Well I haven't been keeping my word on being better about posting more frequently. I have been in a pretty bad mood which has made me homesick and I have been trying to avoid using this as a place to vent and bitch about how I am feeling. So forgive me if I deviate from my stories a little. But I think it is finally time to write something new.

I was having a hard time determining some other things to put on my list of "23 before 23" this year. Normally I don't allow myself to add something to list after I have already done it. But I think yesterday's events deserve to be something new/scary/challenging and most worthy of being added to the list. Plus I didn't really foresee the circumstances so I am going to let this one slide.
So number 22....


22) Go to a movie by yourself on Valentine's day.

I'm not even someone who gets super into Valentine's, but this year was really hard to be away from my friends and unable to go out to dinner with Miss Avery and exchange gifts with her like we have done for the past years. And to be alone...well it was hard.

Between the time I picked up my Indian food and went to "He's just not that into you", I had three people either, tease me about being alone on Valentine's day, or ask "how is a pretty girl like you all alone on a day like today..."

awesome.

So in short, yesterday wasn't ideal. I got in a workout in the morning, went shopping for a new dress and shirt. Called Miss Avery more times than I could count. Ordered Indian food. And saw a movie.

Ok well, that is all I am going to complain about.

2 comments:

  1. Dude that blows! I hear you on the homesick front. Indian food sounds real good though. Let me know if you are interested in seeing "Shopaholic" at Gallery Place tomorrow - I'm going with a friend from Meetup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer. Why didn't you do things with Alex? Did I miss something? Maybe I shouldn't ask. Well you can always call me babe! I'm here if you just want to here a voice from home. Sorry you had a bad day :(

    ReplyDelete