Thursday, March 15, 2012

I Can't Believe...

It has been one year.


A year ago I wore a new outfit, took a new route, walked into a new building, was shown to a new desk, met all new co-workers and started learning an all new job that seemed worlds away from my previous professional life.


A year later I am still not sure if I made the right choice or where this has really taken me. Lately things have been such a jumbled mess in my head and my will to stay here in DC is getting smaller and smaller by the day. With that being said, my life here has been full and undoubtedly provided to me for a reason. I have much more than many people my age and was very fortunate considering what the working world looked like when I graduated. I have some strong experience behind me now and I think a better basis to decide what I want to do moving forward.


This was floating around on Facebook/Pintrest the other day:


"It may hurt for a while, but it’ll be OK. You’ll be OK. Oftentimes walking away has nothing to do with weakness, and everything to do with strength. We walk away not because we want others to realize our worth, but because we finally realize our own worth...."


While it wasn't 100% spot on for this workaversary it definitely made me think about how moving on from my last job was really hard. Like a didn'tthinkiwasevergoingtorecover hard. In the year, it has taken me time to see that switching jobs is something that shows strength and growth and sometimes you have to do it to gain more skills, a different insight, fresh perspective. Whatever you may call it. Sometimes you have to change what you are doing to see how you can improve all around.


Now with that being said. I am wayyyyy behind on reading for the PHR business, so off I go to crack the books and get through some information. On to new heights.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your one year workiversary! We need to do something soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy one year Workversary! Remember that youtube video I sent to you a while ago (not the hs throwback music)?... that. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for one year! And for some reason I can't comment on your Turkey post but just wanted to let you know I LOVE all your pictures! I want to go to Turkey so bad and can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoops! Back up and running with commenting functions for Turkey! Thanks all for your really kind words of support!

    ReplyDelete