Friday, December 19, 2008

Three Clicks of My Heels

So it wasn't as easy as clicking my heels like Dorothy, but I am finally in Boise for Christmas. My planned trip was a flight from Dulles, D.C., to Las Vegas and then into Boise in time to have dinner with my family and enjoy the evening. Instead due to a technical problem in Dulles and a snow storm in Las Vegas (??!!??!?!) I ended up being routed from Las Vegas into Salt Lake City and then finally into Boise. I still had dinner with the parents but crashed shortly after for the night. My bags are still missing. I have managed to put together some outfits from my mom's closet...tomorrow I think I will be relying on high school t-shirts and mini skirts....or not.

It is wonderfully cold here and the snow has been falling on and off since I got here. Bogus opened yesterday so I am sure I will be hitting up the slops over the weekend. For now I am enjoying my wonderful bed, the poodle (who we all know I can't get enough of) and tomorrow I am battling the mall to do ALL of my Christmas shopping. I really should have been more on top of things in D.C.. Tomorrow night my parents are doing a business dinner, and I will be heading to my favorite pizza joint to enjoy my all time favorite "white" pizza from Guido's. yum!

We decorated the tree tonight (and tortured the dog as usual by making him wear Christmas decorations for photo opts). The tree is decently simple this year compared to years past since we will be having another tree when we get to Sun Valley. Red and gold was the color scheme this year and it looks wonderful! My dad did a great job with the lights out front as usual and my mom is working to put the usual festivity in the house.

The poodle has been a snuggle buddy. He sticks to me like Velcro!! I've missed him a lot! Hope everyone else is having safe travels home! Miss you all! Pictures to follow when I can manage to get them uploaded to my camera. (Ps photos of the Holiday party will also be up once I can find the connector cord for my camera)

1 comment: