Friday, August 28, 2009

A Little Somethin Somethin

At Alli and Sean's wedding they had some of the most beautiful programs I have ever seen. While the programs were inspiration worthy, there was a poem in the back that Alli told me was read at her grandparents wedding and I believe her parents. I just wanted to share with you all because I think it is beatiful and a wonderful sentiment of love:

I love you,
not only for what
you have made of yourself,
but for what
you are making of me
I love you
for the part of me
that you bring out;
I love you
for putting your hand
into my heaped-up heart
and passing over
all the foolish, weak things
that you can't help
dimly seeing there,
and for drawing out
into the light
all the beautiful belongings
that no one else had looke
quite far enough to find.

Excerpt from poem by Roy Croft "Love"

Such beautiful words. And I know that Alli and Sean truly embody these words in their relationship.

You can read the entire poem here.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!