Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Mozambique

No not the country...the frozen custard flavor.

We have been frequenting this frozen custard shop in Del Ray for a few months now. I had heard about it on Yelp, but a co-workers rave review confirmed we must give it a try. I am officially addicted. On their website they post a calendar of the flavor of the day. They only have three custards each day: Vanilla, Chocolate and the specialty. They also make some really tasty unique sorbets (Lemon Lavender anyone?) Tonight was Mozambique as the special custard. I have been waiting to try this one for awhile. It is vanilla custard with cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves mixed in. It was a little taste of heaven.
In Sun Valley a few years back I had Toni's (a local ice cream favorite) Cinnamon ice cream and fell in love. While I still love Toni's, the Dairy Godmother has created a treat that I am sure will join my dreams of dancing green enchiladas and mango mojitos. So good!

Unfortunately the special flavors are only for two days, but I think I will be returning month after month to get my fix of this little delight!


(Oh and just maybe, Obama will stop by again and get his girls some custard!)


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!