Thursday, October 28, 2010

Paint

So I am really stuck. I get to paint my new apartment when I move in, and I am at a total loss of the "look" I want the new place to have. I want a Biggirlsophisticatedyetbeautifulandclean look that incorporates some neutral tones, a splash of color but mainly feels like me, and feels comfortable. So this is where you all come in. I really like the idea of a teal, grey or maybe a really really dark purple for the wall(s) (we have yet to decide if we will paint just one accent wall or do an accent wall and then neutrals. This room originally caught my interest when I was first drawn to the display of keys:

But I am not sure it is exactly what i am wanting. I love the bright with the white and then you can see the dark bed coverings.

So I found this tonight, pretty much the only thing my picky palate is really enjoying at the moment after hours of looking:


                                                      via apartment therapy
I love that I could pair it with some greens, grey cream/whites, black and or brown as well. What do you all think?

I am also starting to really think about furniture and as much as I know I am going to end up having an IKEA infiltrated apartment I can't help but feast my eyes on some other items:

image unknown
Much enjoying this couch. As much as I love the feeling of a microfiber couch I am pretty sure IKEA cotton will just have to satisfy my cravings. I also really like the pillow in the middle. Look stunning with my wall above much?

I need a designer.

Sigh.

And maybe someone to make decisions for me?

Anyways send me any color inspirations you all have. I am really hitting a dead end here. Also any great advice on setting up a 415 square foot apartment to be function, yet comfy would be much much much appreciated!!

1 comment:

  1. i have a friend who recently used "silver sage" from restoration hardware (one gallon of it covered much more than she had estimated). I really like the color because it does add that slightly teal-y color, but it also looks very sophisticated and i think it's fairly easy to match.

    ReplyDelete