Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Milk and Dairy Products on the East Coast

image via photobucket
Random blog post much?!?!

Yes, probably my most random to-date, but I've got to get this out there. To add to my list of things the lEast Coast falls short on....is dairy products. I don't know what it is, but milk, yogurt, butter, etc. all taste....off. 

I used to be an avid milk drinker. Loved it growing up. Loved it in college, continued my milk drinking into my first year of living here and then came to a sudden screeching halt. I have more often than not, thrown out over half a container of milk because it gets that "kind of bandaid-y" taste. What the heck?!? It just tastes off. I rarely enjoy a cup of milk anymore. Now if you are thinking my taste buds have changed and adapted with age...you are wrong! When I was home recently, I poured a big glass of milk and was overjoyed with satisfaction. No foul taste or off-ness. Just plain, good dairy. 

Now I've started noticing that yogurt never really tastes right to me either here. I have been trying to eat a lot of plain yogurt lately, and this morning, I just had to put my spoon down and stop. Totally gross. I can't drink enough water to get the bad taste out of my mouth. Now the yogurt is totally fine. Bought it like two days ago with more than enough time before it expires. It smells fine, but man, on the palate, it is off. 

Alas, another thing to look forward to when I get to be back West. Good, un-gross dairy products.

Anyone else encounter this? Things don't taste as good when you are somewhere else?

Now you know....I truly am strange!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!