Friday, November 14, 2008

Kendal's Visit

Yes I am still behind on my postings! So my goal tonight it to get completely caught up and make my blog current.







Last weekend Kendal came to visit me for the weekend. On Saturday I picked her up very early from the airport (after having to drive to Maryland due to a car accident) and we came home and "napped", ate a pancake brunch and then headed into DC to do a speed tour. We tried to take a tour of the capital, but our late start to the day made it a little difficult to get tickets so we just ended up walking around. The weather was perfect, fall leaves and beautiful lighting made for some wonderful photographs!









We were given the tip to check out the Library of congress. I was a sceptic and thought it would just be a building filled with books. Au Contrare! It was a spectacular building that took my breath away.










After the library we did a speed tour of 4 Smithsonians and then walked to the White House, which was very pretty at night. We finished the night with dinner at Mai Thai in Old Town, good food, bad service and then topped it off with desserts and coffee from La Madeline.


The Hope DiamondThere is a new exhibit at the Natural History Museum, and this whale hangs from the ceiling. There is also a nasty giant preserved squid....it made me squirm.


In the morning Kendal and I headed for the zoo. After my misguiding directions and a 3.5 mile walk we finally arrived and were lucky enough to see some very active animals. The pandas were a favorite, as were the Asian small clawed otters. We also had the change to see elephant training which was absolutely amazing!!







No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!