Sunday, November 23, 2008

Time warp to my childhood

I was at the store yesterday for some groceries, also shopping on an empty stomach (always a bad idea!) but had decided to splurge and indulge on some of my new favorite sorbet that is called cabernet blackberry...it really is to die for! After picking up the sorbet I was headed for the checkout when I saw in random frozen display case...VIENETTA. I thought Vienetta had long been pulled from the shelves and was no longer sold!

As a child I would visit my grandparents with my mom for weeks at a time in Coeur D' Alene and I would also look forward to finding a package of vienetta in their freezer. It would be my evening snack as I would sit in the dining room in their big house and watch late night TV. I would usually sneak a second slice of it when my mom would be in the living room reading with my grandparents.

For you who have not been so lucky as to taste this delectable desert it is ice cream with flaky layers of chocolate in it. It is delicious! However I was disappointed to find that the ice cream the use now is not nearly as good, but it still is a great treat!

In other news! I had a conversation with my boss on Friday and am going to be able to work a few extra hours each week. They are really impressed with my work and like how I fit into the company and don't want to loose me to another job. So it isn't full time quite yet, but making steps in that direction! Every hour helps!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on kicking ass at your job! You should celebrate with some vienetta ;)

    ReplyDelete