Monday, November 10, 2008

To Manassas and Back for Obama

On Monday before the election I was at work with little to do and Alex text me that Obama was going to be in Manassas for his final rally. Knowing that he had a chance to be elected, I knew it was an opportunity not to be missed. The traffic was horrendous. We had to park in a random neighborhood and walk about a mile and a half to the rustic fairgrounds, where a crowd of 75,000+ cheered and chanted. I couldn't really see anything due to my height, but the feeling of being there was amazing. A huge Vote for Change sign hung behind the massive crowd that seemed dazzled with energy and enthusiasm.





Obama's speech was nothing short of amazing. While he pretty much talked about what he has previously and used past stories, you could hear the excitment in his voice. While we did have to treck quite a ways and we lacked sleep the next day after pouring ourselves into bed around 3am, it was something I will never forget and something I look forward to telling my children about.



No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!