Monday, January 19, 2009

Enlightenment

Friday rolled around again at the office. The air conditioner in the room with the servers broke, so most of the day was completely unproductive. But I did get a few things done that I needed to do later in the day. I left work earlier than usual and met people from the office at Porters, which was a block and a half away. I had a few Woodchuck, something-or-rather ciders, by far not my favorite. A little too sweet and none of that crisp finish that makes you thirsty for more. After discussing Idaho potatoes, some cheese going up someones nose, and the usual large tab, we headed to Buffalo Billiards.

Buffalo Billiards was large, slightly cliche with its "western" decor and "saloon" seating. However I will not complain too much, they did have a decent bottled cider, (** ask co-worker/friend what the name of it was) and due to the multiple bars, it was very easy to get a drink. There was entertainment...pool, shuffle board, annnndd....................Big Buck Hunter Pro.

Co-worker/friend was kind enough to let me have a learning experience and discover first hand the appeal of BBHP. Now the first time I saw this game I will say I laughed at every person who played it, thinking there was no way that the game was anything but redneck and ridiculous. Oh how I was wrong.
Redneck-yes
Ridiculous- hardly
Addicting and amusing- most definitely.


Getting my BBHP game on.

My first shot at it was rather embarrassing. My days of duck hunting really did me no good as I was too timid and delicate with my weapon. But once those buck/animals start getting away my aggression picked up and you I started going "Palin" on those bucks. Yes I felt ridiculous, and cliche (Idaho moves to East coast only to wind up playing virtual hunting games. Riiiight.) but I also really enjoyed playing. The game is non-bloody (perhaps making you feel less like a serial buck hunter) and amusing to watch, and the only thing that makes me kind of sad is the little bunny rabbits that kind of combust when you shoot them.




Co-worker/friend shooting up some bucks.



Victory also made a small appearance during the night, as I won one game (co-worker/friend let me win I am fairly sure--but I still enjoyed the feeling).


You can see my initials at the top of the screen! Yea that's right, I'm a BBHP champ.





I am definitely a Big Buck Hunter Pro fan.




Shaina Twain has also found its way back on to my Itune playlist.


And since I hardly can do justice to describing the game and its place in Washington D.C. culture, talked about co-worker/Friend (yes the one and only) has agreed to do a guest appearance on my blog! So stay tuned for his words of wisdom and insight on BBHP.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!