Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I Hope My Feet Forgive Me

This past weekend Mrs.. Stephanie came up from Florida to visit me. I could not have picked a better time to have one of my best friends come visit. I really needed some girl time, and with someone who I knew and had a history with. We had a whirlwind of a weekend and I am pretty sure I might have permanently damaged both of our feets!

Mrs. Stephanie came in on Friday morning, so I took the day off from work rather just switched work days, and picked her up in Baltimore. We took public transportation to avoid morning traffic, which was a bit long but not bad. We went back to the abode in Alexandria and had some delicious mac and cheese, chatted each others ears off and then took a short power nap. We then headed into DC where I got to show Mrs. Stephanie my office, introduce her to some of my co-workers and then we headed to check out the White House, where we missed seeing Obama get into Presidential Helicopter by a few minutes...darn!

We then walked to the Lincoln memorial, something I haven't seen since I was visiting D.C. in high school on a leadership trip. There were 900,000,000,001 tourists all in big groups there, it was like a zoo! (Making me dread spring time) We walked and saw most of the monuments and memorials, and ended up catching a breath-taking sunset!














Do to my lack of timing, we missed the Smithsonians, so we headed back to VA. We ventured to King Street and grabbed some thai food and the took a stroll to ensure that I could drive after my very strong mango margarita. After dinner we rented a movie, which neither of us could keep our eyes open for. Mrs. Stephanie's title for it was "Sex and the City: Menopause!".

The next day we woke up and had a delicious breakfast and then set out to take a tour of the capital. Mrs. Stephanie and I almost died laughing while watching the introductory film they show. After that we met up with Alex and went through part of the Natural History museum.

Mrs. Stephanie and I did some shopping at Pentagon City. She made some darling purchases, and I even found a very cute shirt for our evening plans.

We had dinner in Del Ray at one of Alex and I's favorite Mexican restaurants. We each ordered a "large drink", another Mrs. Stephanie quote moment "It is as big as my head". We fondly called our drinks "swimming pools".



After dinner, we did a quick hair and makeup change and headed back into D.C. to meet up with co-worker/friend (heaven forbid I ever make another friend at work that I blog about! I won't know what to call them!) for a few drinks. Sadly we were all too tired to really get our drink on, but I had a good time and it was fun to see my old world meet my new world.


The next morning Mrs. Stephanie and I thought we had died....4am bedtime, and site seeing...not a good combination.But we managed to finish off the Smithsonian's by going to the American History (the first ladies exhibit is awesome!). And then made a stop at the ADPi chapter house here at George Washington. The girls were adorable and going in the house made me really miss my days at Alpha Theta!!



The day concluded with driving to Baltimore to drop Mrs. Stephanie off with minutes to spare to catch her flight ( I really need to learn my way around!) and then I proceeded to drive back in the blizzard that hit that evening.

It was seriously one of the best weekends I have had in a long time! Now I just need to make plans to go visit her in FL and meet her adorable puppy Lila Mae!

1 comment: