Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Where o Where Does the Time Go?

I swear that the days, hours, weeks and months are just being swallowed by my own personal black hole right now. I know that I am working a lot. And that no matter how hard I try I bring my work home with me emotionally which I know has started to wear on me (and the other people in my life). But I have to say I honestly don't know how when I was working full-time in the previous chapter of my life, pre-fauxdivorce, how I managed to cook real meals, blog frequently, run errands after work, clean, do laundry at least once a week, and manage to squeeze a work in everyone and awhile. Right now I luckily get fed a real meal (thanks friends), consider my walk to work my "workout", instantly enter a comatose state the minute I sit on the couch, and every once in awhile get around to cleaning my room, and very  very very rarely write a post. How is that possible? Yes I work longer hours right now, but I live closer to work, and yet the hours just slip away from me through the day. I can say this all makes me understand that it is imperative to surround yourself and spend time with the people you love and make you happy in your spare time!!

Amidst the craziness I still have had some great adventures in the past few weeks. I managed to spend an extravagant amount of money to fly home and visit my family (and get to spend time with my ADORABLE nephew) which was such an amazing trip! Erica came to visit me and we had a fun laid back visit. For work I have had the opportunity to visit our Detroit office as well as one of our client site in Cleveland. I made my first batch of potato salad solo. Erin and I have managed to see each other TWICE in 4 weeks which has been so nice to have a set girls-night and setting aside time to just be friend time. (stay tuned for her amazing birthday gift to me!) And have managed squeezing in some good reading while on flights and making it part of my bedtime ritual.

I am playing with the ideal of alternating one goal for each month that I try to integrate into every day. I was trying to read before bed every night since it is supposed to be more calming and stress reducing that browsing the Internet. I would like to try to go to bed earlier more consistently. Pack my lunch more frequently. Go for walks after work (or on my lunch break), cook ACTUALLY cook more. Maybe this will be my new attempt at a 25 before 25? Any thoughts? Or maybe just incorporate it into my 25b425? Any ideas for the big 25 list? (yes very very very delayed 25 before 25, BUT at least it is being addressed :))

Anyways....thank you fabulous readers for sticking with me through this spotty posting. Hopefully it will improve. Happy Wednesday All!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!