Tuesday, December 7, 2010

I know I know...

It was like i disappeared or something! I haven't blogged in what feels like forever! I will make the excuse that I am living in the dark ages right now- without internet or cable! I have been able to use a weak signal from someone else's apartment for 5-10 minutes a night but not nearly enough to write any sort of blog. Tonight we are at the Starbucks that is connected to my apartment building (t-r-o-u-b-l-e) for a few hours.

The new place is treating me well. Still no furniture. Things have felt slightly out of control and frantic as they always do towards the end of the year. So they only progress made has been painting one wall purple and buying the grey paint to attempt stripe on another and to paint a wall in my kitchen. The kitchen is pretty much unpacked but I am still in need of a microwave.

I have done well walking to and from work. The walk really isn't much further than my old place and I welcome the opportunity to kind of zone out and think about things on my mind. It has been brutally windy and cold the last couple days and I do worry that if I get chilled I may start getting colds but we will see if I can tolerate walking until I go home for the holidays.

I did buy a new TV. MY VERY FIRST TV! And I adore it. I watch a few tv shows (on DVD) before falling asleep, and it is blissful!

After many days of searching I also found an awesome deal on a gorgeous blue and teal print fabric shower curtain from the Crate and Barrel outlook.

Things are coming together slowly and surely and once I make the venture to IKEA to purchase the furniture it will really start to feel like home.

And the one and only photo of the purple wall so far! The wall that is still white is the one that we are going to attempt to paint grey horizontal stripes on. (Dad be proud. Your daughter owns and can operate a laser level!)

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!