Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Time to Play House!

So things have been a little...rocky to say the least with some other areas of my life right now. So moving things over to the new apartment hasn't been going as planned. But tonight I conjured some energy and lugged some of my packed boxes into the car and drove over to the new place. $50 later (my "welcome to your new home" gift courtesy of DC) I can say I have moved in about 45% of my "stuff". Furniture will follow on Sunday. Hopefully tomorrow I can move a few more things over and avoid another damn parking ticket. Ugh. Seriously. So. Not. In. The. Mood. For. That. Naturally I cried. (Doing a lot of that these days). And declared myself in the "hate" side of my love/hate relationship with DC. Why DC? WHY!!!??!

But in good-giddy-it-is-time-to-be-a-big-girl-and-play-house fashion I present the new apartment!! It is pretty stark. A total blank slate to make all mine!

 This is looking in from the entryway.
 Closet which could easily allow me to hang every article of clothing that I own. I will refrain. Maybe.
 Looking out of the closet
 Kitchen!! Seriously about twice the size of the one I have now. I am thinking I will find something to extend the counter space on the right side and possibly do some more pantry space. Mini stove but regular sized fridge.
 My fridge with a bottle of water. Got to stay hydrated!!
 Yes. One of the first things I moved in was beer.
 Looking into the entry way from the kitchen.
Standing in the hallway taking a photo into the new place.


I am so excited to get in there and start making it mine! Paint color samples to follow so you can all help me pick since I can't seem to make up my mind!!!

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous! I love it! You are going to have so much fun putting your stamp on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! Can't wait to see how you decorate!

    ReplyDelete