Sunday, March 13, 2011

Budgeting Tips and Tricks

It's not that I don't have a budget (relax mom and dad!), its just been pretty loose and I have lacked the effort to really see where my money is going. Granted I have a good idea *cough* rent *cough* *Cough* eating out too much *cough*, but I think it is time to really start scrutinizing my finances so I can make a better attack at some financial goals I have.

I have heard people raving about Mint.com to track where and how they are spending their money. What are other people's methods for tracking spending?

I also need to take up a love for cooking. I love to bake, I just can't get that excited, and I am rather intimated by cooking. It just seems to free-form. I like a recipe. I like to know exactly what ingredients to put in. Cooking isn't like that. But if I could cook more at home I know I could really cut back my budget by having left-overs for lunch, and not having to spend extra for a tip and overpriced drinks.

What are your tips and tricks for saving and being budget savvy?

2 comments:

  1. I clip coupons and print a lot of online coupons. I save $20 to $25 at the grocery store every week, and it really adds up. Try thekrazycouponlady.com and passionforsavings.com - they have lots of good tips and tricks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to use Quicken Books. Its a software program for your computer you could pick up at Best Buy. Mint.com looks nice and easy though. I'd just go with it. Don't be scared. :)

    ReplyDelete