Tuesday, May 17, 2011

#running

So I am no where near being able to classify myself as a "runner" but I yet again beat my last "best" run again tonight. Granted I am still frustrated beyond belief that I have not shed a single teensy weensy pound but I set out to run 5K and that is what I am trying to focus on. Hopefully somewhere along the line the pounds will start to go somewhere besides my hips. But we are making progress! That 5K finish line is getting closer and closer which is fantastic! AND this is the week where Erin and can check off that we completed 8 solid weeks of butt kicking Jazzercise. Annnnddd we have made a pact to pick it up again with a brief hiatus (as in we will be back in business in June--NO EXCUSES!)

I think I may be in need of some new shoes. It has been awhile since I replaced my shoes and I am starting to get to the point where running in worn out shoes will be bad news bears for this girls back, hips and old lady rejected dancer body. Put that on the list of "things I am saving for".

So I was thinking about really got my butt in gear with this "let's get in shape!" thing. Granted I knew I had let the Cheetos and cupcakes take an unhealthy place in my life and I was ready to get back to the body I enjoyed. But really did it was seeing Rachel over at Running Backwards in High Heels. Not only does she have on of those lives that I read about and think "wow... you are an awesome mom", but she posted the photo that really motivated me to take this all on. She posted this. I mean look at that skinny minnie! She is gorgeous! So I run. And run. and run. and jazzercise. And think twice about that pink of Cabernet blackberry sorbet I have in the freezer. And hopefully....someday....I will be a skinnie minnie. Someday.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!