Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Happy Easter Weekend

Well this is a bit belated but...Happy Easter Weekend everyone! I hope that you all got to enjoy treasured moments with friends and family and to share in the joy of such a special day.

Holidays, as I have learned in being far away from the people who I love to celebrate with, are all about creating what you want out of them.Growing up my mom made every holiday completely special and memorable. From decorations, to meals, to gifts, to photos--she really went out of her way to make sure holidays always were special. My family is also big on certain traditions. We always dyed Easter eggs as a family and I always enjoyed seeing the different kits we would get each year. Living on my own, and clear on the wrong side of the country I have tried my best to keep up with the egg dying. Last year I missed the eggs. But the year before Ben and I did some pretty awesome eggs. My first year in DC was another good egg dying year as well. Complete with using natural ingredients like wine as dye!

This year, I decided to take a solo Saturday night to make some eggcelent creations! I only did a dozen eggs this year (6 for me and 6 for my protein needing bf) and my level of Martha Stewartness caused this process to take over 2.5 hours to do just 12 eggs! I even ditched my complicated idea to make some eggs based on some things I found on Pintrest!

Sunday morning I woke up, met the bf and we walked down to meet Ben to head to a Methodist church near my old apartment. The scene at church was crazy! Straight up Royal Wedding style with women rocking fascinators, men in an array of pastels and little kids decked to the nines. The service was pretty good. Now let me tell you what really rocked our worlds....iPads in the church. Yes. iPADS!! The pastor had to swipe and enter a password to read his sermon. We were all a little taken back by 1) the thought that church money was spent on iPads and 2) Isn't the Bible what you should read scripture from? We were laughing and couldn't help but talk about it for the rest of the day.

After church we headed to Starbucks and enjoyed some sunshine and coffee before walking home. Before heading over to Ben's for an Easter linner the bf and I exchanged Easter Bags. I got spoiled with my favorite candy in the entire world (Nerds Ropes), lots of candy, cute cupcake/muffin holders, cupcake liners AND being the best bf ever....he got me the third book to the Hunger Games. (But I can't read it until I am caught up on my studying for my PHR class...he is making sure of that!)

The rest of the evening was spent hanging out, watching Mad Men and making chocolate mouse from scratch!

Hope you all had wonderful a wonderful Easter and a great start to your week!

2 comments:

  1. Those eggs are fabulous! How did you make them?

    When I dye eggs, they usually have one color and some stickers...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope YOU had a great Easter weekend!

    ReplyDelete