Tuesday, October 8, 2013

New

I'm hanging out in a hotel In New Jersey, having just completed day two of the new job. It is going well. Change, it is always good and this time it feels really good.

There has been a lot of "new" is the last 24 hours. New family additions ( of the fur type for my parents), new career opportunities, new people, new life style, new realities.

Doesn't it all sound so good when you use the lens of "new" vs "change"?

Change gets a bad reputation for sure, some of it rightfully so, and if I was looking at some of the things that have transpired in the last 24 hours I would say that they are that not so great change that we stumble on. However, maybe if I just keep looking at all of it with the idea of change there will be fewer feelings of sad or anxiety.

Lucky for me, I am living and breathing an employment dream right now. Keeping me focused on all of the fresh newness, and keeping that perspective front and center.

Ps....isn't she cute?