Thursday, February 6, 2014

Three Me Things

With work being in my apartment, and my apartment in my work, I don't ever really escape "the office". It is easy to work really long hours since the commute is about 30 seconds, but I also find myself not exactly carving out that "life" part of work/life like I would prefer. I try to keep it manageable so I don't feel like I am creating an additional to-do list for my evenings. I am trying to focus on doing "Three Me Things" each day. Preferably things that are productive but aren't related to work. It helps me go to bed feeling accomplished (since I can usually tackle three things) and I feel better than if I just would have parked myself on the couch to watch 3 hours of TV before going to bed. 

Some of my "Three Me Things"

Tonight:
1)Drinks and dinner with a co-worker who was in town (kind of work related but when you work from home, it is a luxury to see the co-workers you really enjoy)
2) Got to talk with my parents
3) Writing this post

Last Night:
1) Laundry (boring but has to be done!)
2) Taco Dinner
3) Talked with my sister

See? Pretty simple, but helps me stay connected, get things done, and feel like I did something outside of just working a long day. Don't get me wrong...I still love my nights to flop on the couch, but I want to carve out some space and energy that is dedicated to the things I need and want to do. 

Well I am battling a cold, so this isn't terribly inspired and I need to get to bed so I can get well!

What do you do to maintain work/life balance? How do you make sure you take care of all those little items that are important to making our lives function?

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!