Thursday, October 9, 2008

Stars and Stripes

For the debate on Tuesday I whipped up a long time family favorite tradition that my sister, Nicole, started way back when. I am not really sure where she found this gem of an idea, but I love it, and while it is traditionally made on the 4th of July, I figured its patrotic nature to be perfect for watching the debates. It is a really easy recipe if you need a quick dessert for an occasion, I am sure you could switch up the fruit on top to make it less patrotic.
Here was my finished product





You will need:
1 large loaf of pound cake- Frozen Sara Lee is my cake of choice sliced into 1/2 inch slices

Strawberries and Blueberries

Whipped cream, Kool-whip works as well

make a layer of pound cake in your dish. Cover with whipped cream, and then in a layer of thinly sliced strawberries. Then place another layer of pound cake on top, and cover with whipped cream and then....make your flag with sliced straberries and blueberries

1 comment: