Thursday, June 10, 2010

Come Sail Away, Come Sail Away with Me

This past Saturday Sam (a co-worker/friend) organized a sailing excursion on the Potomac. I didn't really know what to expect but since Sam and Sarah had both taken sailing lessons I figured it had to be fun. I am, and always have been a sucker for boats and being on the water. I. Love. It.

Sam was the patient guide as he and Sara taught all the people on board how to steer and hold the rope for the jib (maybe?). It was pretty nice on Saturday and I ended up getting a pretty rockin sun burn that has actually turned into some exceptional tan lines (yay fair Swedish skin!). Anyways, I had a great time and am pretty sure a sailor's life is for me. Count me in to keep this on my outdoor activities list!

A couple of images for your viewing pleasure:


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!