Thursday, April 28, 2011

Couch to SomethingK

So I have kindorsortof taken up running. Or rather am attempting to take up running. Everything I have read about this venture is to start slow. Now I used to be in really good shape. Like really really really good shape. 5 nights a week of dancing followed up with gym work outs and the throw in some skiing for good measure. But I have never been a runner so this is a whole knew adventure for me and my very out of shape body. Luckily Jazzercise has helped me through that initial shock phase that I think happens when you go from couch surfing to the gym, but I still have a long ways to go before I am a "runner". Baby steps right?

I am shooting for 2-3 days at the gym while I still have Jazzercise classes and then when those are over we will up gym visits to 3-4 (1 hour visits). Luckily my new found work/life balance with the new job actually allows for this and I think it is realistic. I have also really lucked out and my apartment building has the perfect "home" gym with a few ellipticals, a treadmil, bike, weights and room to do stretches and free weights. Much more enjoyable then going to the grimy Bally that I used to belong to! I am not sure what my running goals are per se. Right now I am shoot to run 5K but I am not going to put a time limit on it, I just want to run it at some point.

I am hitting a wall with my music selection. I am operating with some very outdated music and I really need to put together a few really good mixes that will keep me energized and pushing forward with my running regimen. Anyone have any workout music suggestions for me?

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!