Sunday, April 10, 2011

Update

Can anyone believe I have been at my new job for over a month now? Really? Where has time gone?!? Obviously I can say that the new job is going very well and I am settling in nicely to the new role, new environment and new co-workers. (I still get a little misty eyed thinking about my old co-workers) But overall I know I made the right decision and I am very happy with where things are going.

I suddenly just lost blogging steam ( I have been horrible at exercising my blogging creativity for awhile now!) so we are going to switch to some bullets.

  • I am loving my window. I had no idea that some rays of sunshine could really lift my mood like they do!
  • My work schedule is different. I think I am much more in a morning routine and the "evening" routine is yet to be figured out, but I have been getting home earlier, squeezing in some jazzercise with Erin and managing to walk home a lot more to save some money and burn some extra calories.
  • I am finding out just how shy I can feel and be! I know it always takes me a little why to open up to people and be my outgoing self to get to know them. Basically I need to get on this ASAP since everyone is super nice...I am just super shy. Shocking huh?
  • What lady now has an iPhone and a super cute KS polka dot case? That's right...this one! I exercised some self control for a few days and then today....it all went out the window.
  • My wardrobe does not quite meet expectations right now. While I am holding my own with what is on hand I never really took note of how casual and youthful my wardrobe actually was. This weekend we purchased a new all purpose black dress, a black and white tailored skirt, black flats, and nice jeans for "casual" Friday. I still have a lot of work to do to getting me looking like the part but we are making progress.
  • I think the one thing I can say I really enjoy at this point is that each day I am constantly reminded of people's gratitude and how I am really an integral part of the group and my position has real meaning.
Hopefully things will keep moving along in this positive direction because I am really excited for what the future holds in this new position.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!