Thursday, November 5, 2009

Table for One

I had some extra time the other night to actually whip up something other than a frozen meal or mac and cheese (don't get me wrong...I love me some mac and cheese) but this is one of my favorite pasta meals to make. Erin who stayed with me almost exactly a year ago gave me this delish recipe. I really suggest you give it a try!

1/4 cups butter
1/2 cups oil
1 tbs flour
1 clove garlic (pressed or minced) (I use like 3-4 cloves but I am a HUGE fan of the garlic)
1 (14 oz.) can of artichoke hearts in water
1 cup chicken broth
1 tbs minced parsley (fresh or dried)
3 tsp lemon juice (better if straight from a lemon and not the bottled stuff, about 2 lemons)
2 tbs parmesan cheese
2 tsp capers
salt and pepper (to taste)
linguine noodles

To cook:
1.) In a large pan, melt butter with oil, add flour, and stir (3 minutes, on about high medium heat. Just don't let the butter burn!)
2.) Stir in broth (1 minute), reduce heat and add garlic, parsley, lemon juice, and salt and pepper
3.) Stir constantly for 5 minutes
4.) Mix in artichoke (with water from can), cheese, and capers. I like to break apart the artichoke hearts with a spoon if they are maintaining their shape in the pan.
5.) Cover and simmer (8 minutes) You can simmer longer, it gets thicker the longer you simmer.
6.) While simmering, boil up the noodles.

Add more of any ingredient to soothe your desires. I usually add more garlic and lemon than what is called for. This also re-heats for days later which is awesome left-overs!!

Anyone else have any good recipes they want to swap??

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!