Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Rustico

I have wanted to go to this restaurant for a very long time, and for some reason or another it just never really happened. But at last, I finally made to Rustico in Alexandria! It is right across the street from my coffee house (well my old coffee house) and had a great little outside sitting area which we were able to get a table on. The beer offerings were awesome and I tried out a Smuttynose browndog ale (we are totally guessing if that was the right name) but it was dark, nutty and completely delish!

We ordered three of their "small dishes":


PEI MUSSELS
white wine broth & creamy chorizo polenta


CREAMY ACORN POLENTA
orange braised pork shoulder,
sweet and spicy pumpkin seeds



SALT ROASTED BEET SALAD
goat cheese fondue, blood orange vinaigrette,
pistachio dust


The polenta was amazing. I seriously have dreams about eating it. It is an experience for one's mouth that is blissful. After dinner we headed to get a sweet treat at the Dairy Godmother. This place will keep me coming back to Alexandria for sure!

Edible bliss was the theme for the evening for sure!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!