Sunday, April 19, 2009

Cherry Blossoms Everywhere

Well I thought the Quad at UW was a beautiful sight when the Cherry Blossoms bloomed. And while it will remain one of my favorite memories of things I look forward to at UW. I had no idea how beautiful the Cherry Trees would be here in D.C..

Alex, my friend Brooke (you can read her account of this event here) and myself met up for the annual Cherry blossom parade. Alex wasn't too excited about the early morning but we survived. The wind was crazy!

First we went to the parade which was....sub-par to what I was used to with the Boise River Festival when that was around. But this was a decent parade. I really enjoyed the high school bands. You could really tell the difference in culture out here.

Brooke and I want to join these people next year so we can wear the dresses!!

After the parade, we wandered to get some Starbucks and then walked to the Tidal Basin area to see the legendary blossoms in person. There were so many trees it was a canopy of cherry blossoms. It was beautiful!!




2 comments: