Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sunday in Maryland


Today I adventured to College Park to celebrate Founders' Day with the two local ADPi chapters.

A few things
1) It was like 93 degrees here today and despite my airy billowy skirt and top I still looked awful once I got to the chapter
2) the girls were very unwelcoming and rude
3) there was zero organization
4) I met an Alum who was an Alpha Theta as well from a few years before me
5) I am still deciding if going to this ADPi stuff is worth it

But it was a good use of a Sunday and made me realize again how much I love my chapter (despite some of the hiccups of anger and frustration about certain topics).

Once home I went to our rooftop and laid out in the sun (I am pretty burned from yesterday and not having sunscreen) but I wanted to soak up some vitamin D before the work week. I made a great spinach and onion quiche and then headed to the gym for a extended work out since I am very frustrated right now.

Not to elaborate and get all debbie downer on here. But in essence I am tired of not having the support I feel I deserve from certain people. For those of who I talked frequently to, I am sure you know where this is coming from. But I just get angry when I feel like I am fighting through my emotions alone, because that is not how it should be.

But needless to say the workout calmed me down and I am enjoying a glass of my Colonix tea before I head to bed for the night! Hopefully work won't be too crazy this week!

1 comment: