Saturday, April 4, 2009

Mount Vernon...Take TWO!

The "Dynamic Duo" took on D.C. a week or so ago. My Mom and her long-time friend, Victoria (whose son is one of my long-time friends, lives in D.C. as well) came to visit their youngest children in the Nations Capital. On the first day of their adventures we headed to Mount Vernon. I love Mount Vernon and didn't mind the repeat tourist activity. We had a spectacularly beautiful day, complete with a Potomac river cruise and baby lambs!
The Dynamic Duo: Jeni and Victoria

The Youngest Children: Ben and myself



Some baby lambs. The one on the right was "baaaaaa" ing for a solid five minutes. Adorable.

After MV, we drove back into Alexandria and went to a store to have Ben try on some suits, where he ended up purchasing some snazzy looking numbers. After that we hit up what I like to call the "designer" grocery store for some cheese, baguette and beverages for an impromptu picnic in the waterfront park in Old Town.

After the picnic we wandered up King Street and my mom stumbled on a perfect purchase for me: a children's book called "Doggie Tales with Alex and Andria in Alexandria". So perfect. It is about two little Scottie dogs and their adventures in Alexandria. A memento I will treasure no matter where I end up in the future.

We headed to Bookbinders historic bar for some beers and ended up having a small dinner of crab bisque. Over our bisque's and beers Ben and I decided that a night time tour of the monuments was in order. Which meant I braved driving in the district. Pretty sure I had a minor panic attack, but it was worth seeing the beautiful monuments.

1 comment:

  1. are you sure these pics aren't from the "slideshow"...they're fabulous!

    ReplyDelete