Saturday, April 4, 2009

Simple Things

I have been taking a lot of walks recently. I really really hate going to the gym and my back has been pretty messed up lately, so I have been trying to work of those extra pounds by walking on my days off and on the weekends. It has been a great way to discover some of the things about Alexandria that I wouldn't necessarily have seen by car or sitting in my apartment. I few things I have photographed to show you.

1) the projects that I am always talking about. This is a picture of some of the ones that are little farther away from my apartment and I believe are a bit newer and nicer than the ones right by me. But it gives you idea. Generally they are pretty clean and only at night you will see the occasional "thug" walking around but they are harmless.






I also just caught this pretty little shot walking home from Starbucks and Papersource (my new love...amazing craft store).

I didn't snap a photo of it, since when I saw the extraordinarily tiny little house off King Street, I had no idea it was a well know "Spite" house. So check out my friend Brooke's blog for a photo of the darling little spite house. And for more information about this charming residence, read the NY Times Article.

1 comment:

  1. Woo-hoo! Thanks for the shout-out! And yeah those projects are pretty deluxe!

    ReplyDelete