Sunday, February 21, 2010

Musica

I finally dug my car out of its cocoon of snow that it has been in since SNOWMG/Snowmagedon/Snowpocalypse/etc/etc (lets just say I am sure I looked like a hot mess in my pink uggs and my tiny little snow scraper trying to remove almost a foot of snow off my car) so I could drive out to Old Town and have a lovely brunch with Dave, Kym and Felix. I really love to drive (except cross country when you have deadlines and can hear the roar of your blown out wheel bearings) and I especially like to drive, listen to music, and roll down the windows. Today was so beautiful out and so after getting to talk with Dave and Kym for awhile and watch Felix play I ran some errands in Old Town where I just got to drive for a bit and rock out. I am a huge fan of T-Swift these days (Oh how I miss my Idaho country music stations) but I am also enjoying the new song called "Breakeven" by The Script. It isn't anything profound, but I enjoy it.

As for Taylor I know all her songs are based off real guys and her whole reflection of "growing up" which is pretty cool. ps...can I say I would do ANYTHING for her luscious blond wavy locks of hair. So beautiful!

Anyways I was in a phase where I was listening to "White Horse" on repeat for an hour on end and I found what T-Swift herself said about the song on wikipedia:

"To me, “White Horse” is about what, in my opinion, is the most heart-breaking part of a break-up – that moment when you realize that all the dreams you had, all those visions you had of being with this person, all that disappears. Everything after that moment is moving on.. But that initial moment of "Wow, it's over" is what I wrote "White Horse" about."

Good stuff. Anyways, if you haven' t heard "Breakeven" yet (and you are a female...) you really should check it out.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!